Our Private Company Investing Experience Places Partnership over Ownership
- We have been investing in private company transactions for more than 25 years.
- We complete share purchase transactions with discretion, committed capital and speed.
- Throughout our careers, we have been actively engaged with our owner-manager partners.
- We pursue the shared objective of building great businesses.
- Business founders work with us – not for us – which leads to strong alignment and value creation.
- There is no reason why shareholders in closely held businesses should suffer through dysfunctional business relationships or continue with shareholders that have different views on strategy and execution.
- We build new private company partnerships based on our Alignment Agreement and Stepped Process.
Alignment Agreement for Private Company Partnerships
All parties will sign an agreement to clearly outline how we will create value throughout the investment.
- The first step will be to develop a 100-day action plan, which will lead to the joint
preparation of a strategic business plan.
- We work with you to build a team that will grow value.
- Our shared objective is to build a great business that can be sold within a time frame
agreeable to both partners for a winning return.
Set out short term goals and KPI's
Agree on strategy and sign Alignment Agreement
Set out 100-day plan based on review
Begin Templated Diligence Process, if it checks out, make an offer
Initial Due Diligence, review outline of Shareholders Agreement and Alignment Agreement
Confidentiality Agreement signed, review of initial information
Call comes in, qualify over the phone
Our Stepped Process
We invest in many types of businesses in a variety of industries and have had successful partnerships with the owner-managers that run them. In an effort to make the process simple, our investment criteria is summarized below:
- The owner-manager has a significant stake in the company.
- The owner-manager is seeking a new partner.
- The enterprise has a value of $5M-$25M and sales of $10M-$50M.
- The business is in the manufacturing, technology, distribution or service sector.
- The business is profitable and has been operating for at least three years.
- The company can either self-finance or obtain third-party financing.
- We only buy shares that are priced and are for sale.